I’ve just had a rather frightening experience!
I'm running a GTR, both unit firmware and Jeti integration on latest Version 4.0.4. After changing a parameter, "Save Settings" and getting out of integration via "Close the menu" the motor spooled up as normal. But then all of a sudden all controls were gone. No reactions on any input, neither swash nor rudder nor motor. The rotor turned on medium speed, no way to change it or turn power off. The heli stood there in front of me and all I could do was waiting for quite some time running the battery empty!
After recharging and restarting the system everything went flawlessly as hundreds of flights before.
Any ideas?
Regards Philipp
All Controls Suddenly Gone!
Hello,
I recommend to verify if something is connected at the E2 pin first. This could cause unexpected loss of control, because E2 is used for receiver communication.
Was there any recent change in wiring? For example RPM sensor?
I recommend to verify if something is connected at the E2 pin first. This could cause unexpected loss of control, because E2 is used for receiver communication.
Was there any recent change in wiring? For example RPM sensor?
Spirit System developer
I think now I understand the problem. Unexpected behavior could happen if old JETI BIN file is used. JETI BIN file must be always on par with Spirit firmware, especially after updating to 4.0.4 version or later.
This is because parameters must be mapped to correct address and if old integration is used you could reconfigure completely different parameter than you think in reality. Unfortunately there is no validation possile using JETI radio itself, it could only display warning.
This is because parameters must be mapped to correct address and if old integration is used you could reconfigure completely different parameter than you think in reality. Unfortunately there is no validation possile using JETI radio itself, it could only display warning.
Spirit System developer
Can you confirm the Spirit firmware is 4.0.4, not 4.0.5?
Spirit System developer
Just one more fact:
Albeit losing control of my heli for quite some minutes, the telemetry was working normally all the time. So it seems it wasn’t a problem with the Jeti RX itself, but rather with its communication with the Spirit controller.
Regards Philipp
Albeit losing control of my heli for quite some minutes, the telemetry was working normally all the time. So it seems it wasn’t a problem with the Jeti RX itself, but rather with its communication with the Spirit controller.
Regards Philipp
Another point that Bernd (sepp62) made on RC-Heli forum:
I wrote there that I temporarily upgraded to V4.0.5 spending hours (unsuccessfully) trying to get my Spirit logging data. As this still didn’t work I reverted back to v4.0.4 on the AI assistant’s recommendation to set Spirit firmware and Jeti Integration on the same version.
Bernd thinks this to be possibly relevant and you should be aware of it!
Regards Philipp
I wrote there that I temporarily upgraded to V4.0.5 spending hours (unsuccessfully) trying to get my Spirit logging data. As this still didn’t work I reverted back to v4.0.4 on the AI assistant’s recommendation to set Spirit firmware and Jeti Integration on the same version.
Bernd thinks this to be possibly relevant and you should be aware of it!
Regards Philipp
