Page 1 of 1

QML scripting

Posted: Sat 25. Jul 2026 2:16:06
by AdrianR
Hi,

When can we expect to see an SDK or support for users to write scripts for the Wave TX? I know that LUA scripting is available on other TX bands. I understand that you have chosen QML because you consider it to be an improvement over LUA.

Thanks,
Adrian

Re: QML scripting

Posted: Thu 13. Aug 2026 20:29:48
by ZeXx86
Hi,

today is the day :)

Re: QML scripting

Posted: Fri 14. Aug 2026 8:07:41
by Sepp62
Great! This is really good news!

Re: QML scripting

Posted: Fri 14. Aug 2026 12:45:42
by Sepp62
Did some quick test writing a QML app (with assistance of Gemini4). Generally it works, but it would be nice, to have the app as a (telemetry) "widget". Currently the app screen blocks the whole UI, which means when activated, I cannot swipe to other widgets/screens. Starting the app from the menu is also a little bit cumbersome. Will it be possible to have an app running as a widget?

Another question: How can I delete an "old" app from the list in the developer tab. I succeed in uninstalling the app from the radio, but not from Wave-Studio (which is running under Linux)

Re: QML scripting

Posted: Sat 15. Aug 2026 13:14:31
by ZeXx86
Hello,

you can reimplement full base screen including widgets and place them whenever you wish. Default template for Home Screen is very easy with just one page. I can share full original Home Screen for your reference where you can base on what is used now as stock Home Screen. Basically everything at home screen can look different if needed, including all custom widgets. We will extend documentation to show how to do this.

Now we are also working on improvement (we already have testing version of upcoming Wave Studio) that allow to execute new Home Screens instantly making development easier and also there is Debug screen available to show all QML errors and output that can occur.

You can delete old app in the Applications menu by selecting it and clicking Uninstall.
Home Screen can be reverted to default by clicking at the Trashbin in Developer screen when you are at Home Screen project.