Page 1 of 1

geo link problems

Posted: Mon 21. Sep 2026 13:38:56
by neils
HI
I have 3 helis with GT units and Geo link, all have latest 4.05 firmware. they have the same Geo Link Return to home mode 4 problem. the mode 4 does not register the take off Position. I have double checked all my settings and are satisfied they are correct. in the software and on bench test all works fine but in real flight it does not work. I can tell it is not registering the take off position as each of my 3 helis fly off in different directions.
Position hold and altitude hold are perfect. my compass calibration is 91 degrees at north.
Is this a problem in the firmware you are aware of.?
I notice in version 4.01 you mention 25% throttle for gas helicopters , does this have anything to do with my electric heli setups
many thanks
Neils

Re: geo link problems

Posted: Mon 21. Sep 2026 16:28:39
by delta peak
Can you verify that mode 4 is active in Spirit Settings?
Did it work before the update?

Re: geo link problems

Posted: Mon 21. Sep 2026 17:01:48
by neils
yes it shows active in software on channels and diagnostic also on the geo link aid, I have the wave transmitter set at 40 subtrim, the only quirk i have is on the transmitter when i select position hold it reads active but not when i select RTH. if i move subtrim to 53 the it reads active when selected, however this makes no difference in test flight.
Yes it did work on 3.7

Re: geo link problems

Posted: Mon 21. Sep 2026 18:42:49
by delta peak
Can you try out to fly with RTH only and no other function? Then we know that RTH works correctly.

Re: geo link problems

Posted: Mon 21. Sep 2026 18:56:12
by neils
thankyou i will try my test flight but my flying partner has same problems and he has tried turning off position hold but still did not work. are you flying with RTH mode 4

Re: geo link problems

Posted: Mon 21. Sep 2026 19:21:24
by delta peak
I cant verify myself right know. Can you provide logfile 4dl? It could be weak GNSS signal.
How long does Geolink LED take to be steady on?