Issue with the Stratos 200 Preset and the Assistant and Spirit GT unit
Posted: Sat 10. Oct 2026 10:10:53
Summary:
The issue is that the setup wizard enters an endless loop at Step 4 and never proceeds to Step 5 when selecting the Stratos 200 preset for a Spirit GT.
Details:
Windows 11
Spirit Settings Software: 4.0.5
Spirit GT Firmware: 4.0.5
Voltage at the unit: 6.5 V
Sequence:
I start the wizard.
Step 1:
I select FrSky F.Bus and connect the receiver to the RUD port as described.
Step 2:
I select the Stratos 200 model preset.
Step 3:
Nothing needs to be done here.
Step 4:
- Power on the unit by connecting the battery.
- Do not move the unit and wait until the blue LED becomes solid.
- Click Connect.
- A message appears: "Receiver type was changed in the unit settings. After ..."
- Click OK.
- A second message appears: "Settings saved successfully."
- Click OK.
The loop starts here:
The assistant tells me that a reconnect is required.
- I restart the unit and again wait for the solid blue LED.
- After clicking Connect again, I receive the same message as before: "Receiver type was changed in the unit settings. After ..."
- Click OK.
- A second message appears: "Settings saved successfully."
- Click OK.
This sequence repeats continuously until the Spirit Settings Software eventually freezes.
Additional tests performed:
I tested the same procedure with a Spirit 2 and observed exactly the same behavior.
I tested it on a different PC and experienced the same issue.
I also tried a different USB interface, with the same result.
I then tested a Spirit RS, and with this unit everything worked correctly. The wizard proceeded to Step 5 and beyond without any issues.
I also tested the FrSky F.Bus receiver with the Spirit GT without using the dedicated preset. In this configuration, the receiver and Spirit GT work correctly, so the combination appears to function properly in general.
I hope someone is able to reproduce this behavior and help identify the cause of the issue.
The issue is that the setup wizard enters an endless loop at Step 4 and never proceeds to Step 5 when selecting the Stratos 200 preset for a Spirit GT.
Details:
Windows 11
Spirit Settings Software: 4.0.5
Spirit GT Firmware: 4.0.5
Voltage at the unit: 6.5 V
Sequence:
I start the wizard.
Step 1:
I select FrSky F.Bus and connect the receiver to the RUD port as described.
Step 2:
I select the Stratos 200 model preset.
Step 3:
Nothing needs to be done here.
Step 4:
- Power on the unit by connecting the battery.
- Do not move the unit and wait until the blue LED becomes solid.
- Click Connect.
- A message appears: "Receiver type was changed in the unit settings. After ..."
- Click OK.
- A second message appears: "Settings saved successfully."
- Click OK.
The loop starts here:
The assistant tells me that a reconnect is required.
- I restart the unit and again wait for the solid blue LED.
- After clicking Connect again, I receive the same message as before: "Receiver type was changed in the unit settings. After ..."
- Click OK.
- A second message appears: "Settings saved successfully."
- Click OK.
This sequence repeats continuously until the Spirit Settings Software eventually freezes.
Additional tests performed:
I tested the same procedure with a Spirit 2 and observed exactly the same behavior.
I tested it on a different PC and experienced the same issue.
I also tried a different USB interface, with the same result.
I then tested a Spirit RS, and with this unit everything worked correctly. The wizard proceeded to Step 5 and beyond without any issues.
I also tested the FrSky F.Bus receiver with the Spirit GT without using the dedicated preset. In this configuration, the receiver and Spirit GT work correctly, so the combination appears to function properly in general.
I hope someone is able to reproduce this behavior and help identify the cause of the issue.