Thank you!
So I got back to V4.0.5. I’m curious to see if the data logging is working now.
Regards Philipp
All Controls Suddenly Gone!
-
Michldigital
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun 23. May 2021 9:13:35
Hi,ZeXx86 wrote: Mon 05. Oct 2026 12:22:43
Here you can download this PC software:
https://spirit-system.com/dl/settings// ... .6-win.exe
At the Update tab you will see new JETI Integration submenu where the app will automatically update the BIN file just by one click. You only have to connect your Spirit unit and JETI radio using cable.
Is this a Beta Version ? Or Is it safe zu use it?
Greetings
Maik
On the subject of logging:
V4.0.6 shows maximum recording time depending on the selected parameters. And recording at 500Hz needs A LOT of memory! E.g. with the three regulations (aileron, elevator, rudder) activated, space is exhausted after just three minutes. As a consequence the software can't read anymore obviously, finds no data at all. So any flight longer than three minutes is impossible to analyze.
I tried at 50Hz with some more parameters activated and needed almost half of the memory during a flight of slightly more than eight minutes. It took quite some time to read it out but it worked!
Regards Philipp
V4.0.6 shows maximum recording time depending on the selected parameters. And recording at 500Hz needs A LOT of memory! E.g. with the three regulations (aileron, elevator, rudder) activated, space is exhausted after just three minutes. As a consequence the software can't read anymore obviously, finds no data at all. So any flight longer than three minutes is impossible to analyze.
I tried at 50Hz with some more parameters activated and needed almost half of the memory during a flight of slightly more than eight minutes. It took quite some time to read it out but it worked!
Regards Philipp
New 500Hz is used for analysis of the regulation and some very short records, so yes, it is not good/useful for daily logging as there is nothing else that could really provide so fast data stream except Spirit itself.
While you can log days of flying at 1Hz you can fill memory in minute at 500Hz.
Regarding your main issue, is everything good now?
While you can log days of flying at 1Hz you can fill memory in minute at 500Hz.
Regarding your main issue, is everything good now?
Spirit System developer
Let’s put it this way: The "Main Issue" hasn’t happened again so far.
But:
- It happens only sporadically, though not just to me. On RC-Heli there’s another pilot who had do face exactly the same thing.
- I didn’t change anything about my setup at first and flew several times without the loss of control recurring. So the underlying problem must still have been there.
- Given the system’s undeniably high complexity it will probably be difficult to pinpoint the source of such a "loose-connection-like" sporadic failure.
However, the more powerful "watchdog" in V4.0.5 that you described gives me confidence that critical loss of control will never occur again in future.
Nevertheless, from now on I will be much more cautious when using the Jeti integration.
Regards Philipp
But:
- It happens only sporadically, though not just to me. On RC-Heli there’s another pilot who had do face exactly the same thing.
- I didn’t change anything about my setup at first and flew several times without the loss of control recurring. So the underlying problem must still have been there.
- Given the system’s undeniably high complexity it will probably be difficult to pinpoint the source of such a "loose-connection-like" sporadic failure.
However, the more powerful "watchdog" in V4.0.5 that you described gives me confidence that critical loss of control will never occur again in future.
Nevertheless, from now on I will be much more cautious when using the Jeti integration.
Regards Philipp
If there is issue, it is always better to contact us and consult with developer. Guess at other forums with collegues and make conclusion is not that helpful sometime.
From your original description I thought the problem is well reproducible. Or was it with version 4.0.4? I am afraid there is always reason for unexpected behavior. So the best is to be able to replicate it. If you can provide details I requested it can be helpful and speed it up.
From your original description I thought the problem is well reproducible. Or was it with version 4.0.4? I am afraid there is always reason for unexpected behavior. So the best is to be able to replicate it. If you can provide details I requested it can be helpful and speed it up.
Spirit System developer
Supposedly, discussing issues on RC-Heli with Timo Wendtland is quite a bit more than guessing, isn't it?
To clarify my first post a little further, the loss of control happened a few flights after updating to most recent V4.0.4 from V4.0.3. (Jeti integration was updated at the same time to V4.0.4r2.) It happened one single time and never reoccurred ever since.
BUT, it was the very first (and hopefully last) time that I had an incident like that in my almost 20-year career as an RC helicopter pilot. And that was extremely unsettling!
Regards Philipp
To clarify my first post a little further, the loss of control happened a few flights after updating to most recent V4.0.4 from V4.0.3. (Jeti integration was updated at the same time to V4.0.4r2.) It happened one single time and never reoccurred ever since.
BUT, it was the very first (and hopefully last) time that I had an incident like that in my almost 20-year career as an RC helicopter pilot. And that was extremely unsettling!
Regards Philipp
Version 4.0.4 was released months ago. Butt it should work well too. At least with options and logging configured with PC software 4.0.4. You can ask anyone else, but never get reply as qualified as developer of the system, however experienced pilot is. But Timo is very good pilot, yet I have no idea about your conversations or any detail from other forum.
But of course it is up to you.
From our experience problems will not resolve on its own and there is chance same thing can happen again if the source was not found.
But of course it is up to you.
From our experience problems will not resolve on its own and there is chance same thing can happen again if the source was not found.
Spirit System developer
