Page 1 of 1

[Solved] Rotor disc occasionally shakes

Posted: Fri 10. Jul 2026 15:04:46
by bovi7
I flew Jeti/BeastX for about 10 years and switched my 5 Trons to Wave/SpiritW1 this spring. I mainly fly aerobatics and smooth 3D. My Tron 5.8 is running at 1650 RPM.

Overall, I'm very happy with how the Spirit flies now. It feels exactly the way I want in almost every aspect. However, there's one issue I'd like to improve.

During piro tic-tocs, the main rotor disc occasionally shakes when I make aggressive pitch inputs. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that I'd like to understand what's causing it.

I'd really appreciate any ideas or suggestions. I've attached my current Spirit settings for reference.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Rotor disc occasionally shakes

Posted: Fri 10. Jul 2026 17:18:47
by Mattes61
Hello,
cyclic pitch should not be higher than collective pitch - max. equal !
Can you reduce your headgain a little bit ? 3-5 lower than now adjusted ?
I think you are not in the 3D-Master-Mode - but thats absolutelly ok !

Look at this link maybe this helps:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... LIC_TUNING

BR

Re: Rotor disc occasionally shakes

Posted: Sat 11. Jul 2026 6:34:31
by bovi7
Thank you very much, i going to try today.
bovi7

Re: Rotor disc occasionally shakes

Posted: Wed 15. Jul 2026 20:37:48
by Nazar
I am not an expert but to me it sounds like under heavy load one blade has more lag than the other which creates unbalance in the rotor.
Make sure both blades are tightened down equal.

Re: Rotor disc occasionally shakes

Posted: Thu 16. Jul 2026 8:07:03
by bovi7
Thanks for the hint, gonna try it!

Re: [Solved] Rotor disc occasionally shakes

Posted: Sat 25. Jul 2026 9:38:12
by bovi7
I made cyclic pitch equal to collective and reduced swashplate dampening to 20. Now the occational shakes went away.